Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Introduction

I first have to say that I was a bit intimidated by this requirement. This was mainly because it required conveying myself through writing. In communicating anything, I find I am much more articulate through speaking. Having said this, I lack a singular, definitive topic for this week's post. I have several interests which include skiing, running, watching movies and TV, politics and reading. Though I enjoy each of these things, I lack a breadth of knowledge to discuss any of them exhaustively here. I blame this on my ADHD. Due to this, my site will probably lack any coherent structure other than the requirements dictated in our syllabus. Strangely, I look forward to this opportunity to apply my self-reflection through the written word. Just on a side note, did anyone else feel like Doogie Howser M.D. (i.e. Barney on the show "How I Met Your Mother") while writing this initial post. Just me? OK.

2 comments:

James Lutz said...

Hey Chris,
There are several of us with ADHD. Both my sons have it and we learned there is a genetic link. They say that half the kids outgrow it during adolescence, the other half (like me) drag it into adulthood. If I did a doctorate thesis, I would be interested in the link between creatives, ADD and left-handedness.
There must be some brain wiring that develops these traits.
Jim

Jeffrey said...

Is there anybody who doesn't have a bit if the ADHD in 'um these days? Maybe I just tell myself that to make myself feel better? Did you catch the How I Met Your Mother where Barney was doing the Doogie diary? SOOOOO funny.

Followers